I am a tutor for the London College of Clinical Hypnosis and also run a busy practice as a Clinical Hypnotherapist and coach in Yelverton, Devon. I first became involved in Clinical Hypnosis in 2000 after a successful career in the City where I was a director of a major European Investment Bank. Since qualifying as a Clinical Hypnotherapist I have attended various continuous professional development courses, mainly focussing on Neuro-Linguistic Programming, performance enhancement, anxiety disorders and therapeutic work with children and young people. In my private practice I combine my professional experience in a highly competitive and success orientated City environment with my therapeutic and coaching skills.
I specialise in:
- Smoking cessation - using a one-session approach combining Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP.
- Goal setting and achievement - I utilise brief strategic goal orientated approaches to enable clients to enhance performance, to set and achieve goals and to maximise their potential.
- Sports Performance Enhancement - I have successfully worked with sportsmen and women who compete at national and international level in different sports disciplines.
- Working with teenagers and children - I work therapeutically with children and young people, helping them to overcome anxieties (e.g. exam nerves, performance anxieties) and phobias, gain confidence and achieve what they want to achieve in various areas of their lives. It’s a pleasure to work with young people as they usually respond very well to Clinical Hypnosis.
- Phobias - using a combination of Systematic Hypno-desensitisation and EMDR, phobias can usually be overcome quickly and safely.